Anime News Network Bans the Word “Trap”
Written by Flamecaster, edited by Otaku Apologist
Anime News Network’s authoritarian content and forum policing has been attracting much attention online as the site continues its valiant struggle to maintain an online safe space for otherkin and all kinds of oppressed persons of color in the midst of ongoing narrative collapse – ANN has ruled that the word “trap” is hate speech. The American anime company is caving to the dark agenda of cultural Marxists, funded by corrupt leftist billionaires.
The new rules were rather bluntly established in a forum post on the ANN website:
The Anime News Network forums operate under These Simple Rules:
•Don’t be a jerk. Anime News Network’s staff and moderators reserve the right to remove anyone from this space that cannot conduct themselves in a respectful, courteous manner.
• Posters’ contributions should not create an atmosphere that is unwelcome to marginalized peoples. The moderators and staff reserve the right to remove anyone actively creating an unwelcome environment at their own discretion.
• Post relevant, thoughtful responses. Consider if what you are writing is relevant or important to others. Engaging in bad faith arguments is not allowed. If you are not interested in what the other party has to say, you are not discussing the topic; you are soap-boxing.
• Moderators have full discretion to enforce the spirit of the rules. Moderators have the right to lock, delete or modify any post at any time if they feel it negatively impacts the forum. If a thread is locked, that means the subject may not be brought up again.
• Stay on Topic: Discussion should be related to anime, anime news, Anime News Network, the forum topic, or in some way relevant to this website. Excessively off-topic (“OT”) posts will be locked or deleted.
• Write clearly: Please attempt to write your thoughts as clearly and concisely as possible. We understand our readers come from all over the world, so please attempt to discuss topics in English to the best of your ability.
• Report, do not engage, rule breakers. Save yourself the headache and let a moderator take care of it.
• Self-promotion is only allowed if it has value, is relevant, and creates discussion for this forum. See here for additional details.
• No Commerce is allowed outside of either the Retail or Subscriber Personal Sales Forum (see rules for Subscribers here).
• No bootlegs, fansubs, scanlations, or counterfeit items may be sold or linked here.
• Remember your spoiler tags, watch out for excessive quoting, and don’t “necro-post” super old threads. No one’s responding there anymore.
The word “trap” has been deemed a slur by the ANN staffers, however the Japanese equivalent of “otokonoko” is still acceptable. “Trap” now gets filtered in posts, along with “SJW”. The mod team evidently having their work cut out for them keeping things in full shut-it-down mode.
To put the final nail in the shitshow of a coffin, the CEO of ANN finally spoke up and proclaimed dissenting opinions will not be tolerated or even discussed. Luckily, ANN is not the only place on the Internet where one can discuss anime, so I’m sure whatever “damage” this new ruleset has caused will not impact the website’s user base in a significant way.
You may find this news funny, but it follows a string of similar daily reports coming from everywhere in the world. Which topics, opinions, and words are allowed audience in the public sphere, is fiercely contested. While companies contemplate content policies to please their diverse audiences, the leftist politicians in the European Union push for increased totalitarian censorship of the internet under the guise of “protecting minorities”. The endgame of all leftists is to pave the way for more concentration of power and resources to our corrupt ruling elite, and their minions.
The official stance of Hentaireviews is that traps are very gay. The debate is over, fuck off.https://hentaireviews.moe/2018/07/01/anime-news-network-bans-word-trap/https://i1.wp.com/hentaireviews.moe/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/sample_41c872fd3667e4d29567c0d9185880ab.jpg?fit=850%2C677&ssl=1https://i1.wp.com/hentaireviews.moe/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/sample_41c872fd3667e4d29567c0d9185880ab.jpg?resize=300%2C300&ssl=1Newsanime news network,banned,cultural marxism,femboy,ladyboy,sjw,transsexual,trapWritten by Flamecaster, edited by Otaku Apologist Anime News Network’s authoritarian content and forum policing has been attracting much attention online as the site continues its valiant struggle to maintain an online safe space for otherkin and all kinds of oppressed persons of color in the midst of ongoing narrative...OtakuApologist firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorAdmin of Hentaireviews. EMAIL: email@example.comHentai Reviews